[AccessD] Access 2007 run time on same machine with 2003

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Thu Aug 9 19:14:42 CDT 2007

My concern when distributing a product to customers with unknown computer
configurations, software installations, Office versions, etc is that I won't
screw up their systems.  I have a test set up with different versions of
windows and different installations of Office that I run our installations
through to try and insure we don't have any conflicts or worse yet creat a
problem for the client.  This is also why we spent the $ to buy the Sagekey
scripts and then update them when MS came out with Vista and Office 2007.

I think you were attending the Users group when one of the members created
an install that overwrote some main windows dlls mistakenly.  Made the
package available for download and screwed up a bunch of computers.  Cost
him lots of $.

My response was to your statement that you might dodge the bullet.  I am
pretty conservative when distributing applications.

Doug