[AccessD] A2007 from Dell(!)

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Thu Aug 9 22:19:16 CDT 2007

Not sure what your implication is here, Don.  If you mean how incredible
it is that Microsoft provide at all for side by side installation of
different versions of the same program, then I would agree with you.  If
you are talking about the extreme lengths that Microsoft go to to
maximise version compatibility (including backward compatibility), to a
degree unheard of in most other parts of the software industry, I would
agree with you.

Of course, the requirement for users to have more than one version of
the same application installed side by side is a very unusual one.  And
the technicalities of switching versions on the fly are complex and
difficult.  In fact, that small group of computer users who call
themselves Access developers probably want this facility in greater
numbers than anyone else.  So I say, let's count our lucky stars.

Regards
Steve