[AccessD] OT Friday: Comodo AntiSpam

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Fri Aug 10 21:09:49 CDT 2007

Lambert,

Thank you very much.  This is a very cool idea.

In fact, I have heard of it before, but didn't act on it so far because
on an antipathy for Google.  But the spammers drove me to it, and,
prompted by your post here, I have just set up a gmail account.  I then
simply set it up so email to my main email address gets forwarded to the
gmail address, and my email client retrieves the email from the gmail.
Sweet.  Everything works exactly as it did before, my normal email
address is being used to send and receive, but the spam is being
scrubbed out en route, courtesy of Gmail's spam filter.  I hope I'm not
crowing too soon, because I have only just done it, but so far it looks
good.  (Only reservation is that a test mail I sent from another of my
own email accounts got trashed as spam by Gmail, so I obviously can't
trust myself!)

Anyway, thanks again, I'm hoping this will mean less pain in my daily
life! :-)

Regards
Steve