[AccessD] OT Friday: Comodo AntiSpam

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 07:07:39 CDT 2007

On 8/10/07, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> I used a Bayesian filter with outlook and tried to do so again but it
> wouldn't install.  When it worked, it worked fairly well (98% rate) but had
> false positives and false negatives, few but still there.  Having 2% hiding
> in the 100 is almost worse than 50%.  You have to look at each one to find
> the 2 in 100 that you need to recover.  THAT is as much of a PITA as just
> hitting the delete key 50 times a day.

Yea, but how long does it take you? I get on the order of 300+ a day
and it takes me less than a minute to go through the list.

> There are a million systems out there for handling spam, none of them
> perfect.  I have tried about 500,000 of them so far, I know none of them are
> perfect.

Nope, you're right. But some are less perfect than others.

> In the meantime, I will be trying this one for awhile.  I have had to
> respond to a handful of such "response required" from a handful of people I
> have emailed, and I did so, no biggie.  I can see that some think it is a
> poor idea but such is life.

Actually most e-mail systems administrators think it is a horrible
idea and the inventor of it should be drawn an quartered on a pile of
spam. I think they would appreciate a poor idea. I'm talking about
mail admins from Roadrunner, Hotmail, Time/Warner, Nortel. Not small
name players by any stretch of the imagination.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"