[AccessD] Access Front-End via Web Enabled

Robert L. Stewart robert at webedb.com
Thu Aug 16 13:03:35 CDT 2007

Rocky,

It is like MS Sql vs. MySql. They both do the same thing.
If you want to go the non-MS way, the dark side, you
use PHP, otherwise you stay in the light and use ASP. :-)

For those of you wanting to use .Net and have much of the
functionality that Access has, take a look at Codesmith
Tools and the .NetTiers template for it. You can also
look at the Enterprise Library, which .NetTiers uses as
it's base.

I can build a WinForms form in less than 10 minutes using
these tools. ASP.Net is a bit longer. But, it is a matter
of getting accustomed to using it. BTW, it generates C#
code. But, after compiling it, you can use the dlls in VB.

Robert