[AccessD] Query Criteria problem

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Aug 22 03:08:25 CDT 2007

Hi Doug

Specify

  [Forms]![frmViewExistingOrder]![txtPumpSelect]

as a Parameter as well as the data type it is supposed to contain.

/gustav

>>> dw-murphy at cox.net 21-08-2007 23:13 >>>
Folks,

I have a query that uses the value of a text box on a form as the criteria
for one of its fields.  This has been working fine.  I made some updates to
the form used in the criteria and then updated the query criteria do to a
change of a control name.  Now I get an error when I try and run the query.
The error message is "The Microsoft Jet database engine does not recognize
'[Forms]![frmViewExistingOrder]![txtPumpSelect]' as a valid field name or
expression.".  Any idea on what is going on here.  The query runs without
the criteria.  The criterial were constructed using the builder so the
object spelling is correct.  I have rebuilt the criteria string several
times to make sure there isn't a spelling problem.  Have also tested the
criteria string in the Immediate window of the VBA IDE and it returns the
correct value.

I am at a loss.  I do this all the time but for some reason this one isn't
working.

I have tried compact/repair and decompile, recompile, compact and it still
errors.  Tried to use EatBloat but couldn't get the new database to import
the files.  I must be missing something on the import, it says it imported.
Not my day.

Thanks for any assistance.

Doug