[AccessD] What problems converting A2K3 mdb to A2K7?

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Thu Aug 30 08:46:37 CDT 2007

Thanks, Doug.

Oh yeah, always check those references.  The business of moving things
around on the menus, I figure it's just a test to see if we can keep our
balance.

Years ago, I wrote up a new Extended Education course on Microsoft Works
for Windows, version 2 - which was what was installed on our campus
computers and in my home office.  The first run of the class happened in
January after the Christmas and New Year break.  I powered up the
computers and was met with Works for Windows, version 3, which had been
installed over the holidays.  My screen captures were now all wrong, the
menus did not match, even the task launcher screen was different!  What
a wonderful, exciting, adventure!  So, I turned it into a
teaching-learning opportunity.  Ha! say I - what if you come in to work
one day and a new version of your program has been installed - what do
you do?  We had a fine class - and I opined that teaching them how to
look for things that were no longer where they used to be was one of the
greatest gifts I could actually give them.

Thanks for the note,
Tina