[AccessD] What problems converting A2K3 mdb to A2K7?

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:07:03 CDT 2007

I have to disagree.  Perhaps if we'd all been weaned on Macs, we'd like it,
but then I never liked the Mac's "intuitive" UI either.  The ribbon is the
next logical step from personalized menus, which I also hated.
With the kind of confusion personalized menus tended to cause, you'd think
they would have thought long and hard before dumping the ribbon on us, but I
doubt that they did.  Now you see it, now you don't is great for stage
magicians but not for software developers.

==========I don't care for personalized menus either. As for the developer
issue -- as much as we all love Access as a developer's tool, the truth is,
MS doesn't market it that way. Love it or hate it, we're kind of stuck with
it.

As a developer, why don't you like the ribbon -- how is it impacting your
work in a negative way?

Susan H.