[AccessD] Interesting Laptop / Vista commentary

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 1 19:14:03 CST 2007

Yes John: That article is sad but the true... My current lap top, that does
have 2GB of RAM on it is my only Desktop (top of the line Toshiba as of last
spring) that could run Vista and the graphics is still second tier.

During the last 6 months I have been installing OSs on a variety of systems,
for a variety of continental wide chains and banking groups. Without
exception they are all using Windows2000 and sometimes Linux. The company's
senior IT people do not even trust XP and merely laugh when Vista is brought
up and suggest it is no more than a pretty but unstable desk-top toy.

I hope MS gets their business together before they find themselves competing
one on one with various flavours of Linux. I use to be able to make a fair
bit selling MS network installs but no more.

Jim