[AccessD] Report Filter Problem

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Dec 4 12:10:11 CST 2007

Dear List:

I have a report grouped on Product.  In the detail there are two number -
standard and actual cost.  There's an option on the calling form to print
all records or only records where the difference is > .01.  In the report's
Open event, then, I set the filter:

    If Forms!frmPricePaidVersusContractReport!fraPrint = 1 Then
        Me.Filter = ""
        Me.FilterOn = False
    Else
        Me.Filter = "Difference >=.01"
        Me.FilterOn = True
    End If

All's well so far.

Then the client said to change the report so that if the option to print
only if DIFFERENCE > .01 and ANY ONE record in the product qualified, then
print all records for that product.

So in the format event of the header of the Product I do a little code to
see if ANY ONE record qualifies and if so I turn the filter off:

ShowDetail:
    Me.Filter = ""
    Me.FilterOn = False

and then in the Format event of the Product Footer I conditionally turn the
filter back on again with same code  I used in the open event.

Problem is that it goes into a loop which I traced down to the report being
run over and over again.  I put a break point in the Open event, and it just
keeps running the report again and again.

What is going wrong here - or better yet - what's the solution?

MTIA

Rocky