[AccessD] Loading checkbox values into an array

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Wed Dec 5 09:06:59 CST 2007

Thanks John, I think this points me in the right direction. I became
intrigued by Kostas requirement last week to compute workdays between
dates. I developed a form and code to do this but now I am refining the
code. Currently I have a form with all the US holidays listed. The user
checks which ones he wants included as holidays in the calculation. The
code determines which day holidays fall on then I have code like this:

Function Holiday(datDateIn As Date) As Boolean
'Determine if date is a holiday (ie non workday)
'the dates for New years, memorial day, etc for the selected year were
set in a different function
Holiday = False
Select Case datDateIn
Case NewYears
    If Forms!frmWorkdays_Between_Dates.chkNewYears = True Then Holiday =
True
Case Memorial_Day
    If Forms!frmWorkdays_Between_Dates.chkMemorial = True Then Holiday =
True
Case July4th
    If Forms!frmWorkdays_Between_Dates.chkJuly4th = True Then Holiday =
True

Against which I test every date in a selected range to determine if it
is a holiday and if the user wants it included in the calculation. This
seems very clunky and so I figured an array could tighten the code.
Actually, I think I can get this whole program into a class using With
Events but it needs some more work first. The array I need should have
true/false (ie true if the user wants the holiday included) and the name
of the holiday (I may include this in the tag property of the control).
I can use the array to replace the if stmts in the code above.

Thanks,
Jim Hale