[AccessD] Classes In Referenced MDE

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Dec 13 01:21:43 CST 2007

Hi Shamil

Thanks for those facts.
Let me just add that I recommend this article as mandatory reading for any Access developer at some level.

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 12-12-2007 21:01 >>>
Charlotte,

It doesn't matter that much - just to be precise:

That could have been my article published in Smart Access - this one:

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/shamil_s/articles/deep4sa.htm

AFAIK Ken Getz didn't publish anything in Smart Access and other public
sources on that subject before referred above article was published...

Deborah Kurata did write on WithEvents related to VB6 before my article was
published but I was unaware of that publication...

The trick with setting [Event Procedure] dynamically was original idea
presented in the referred above article...

Just to be precise the idea of this "trick" was "hinted" to me by Marek
Kepinski in summer 1998 in Access-L - I was aware of WithEvents but I wasn't
aware how to use it and Marek showed me a static sample code, which I then
found how to convert to dynamic setting of [Event Procedure] property. BTW,
that isn't straightforward when you doing such things first time - quite
some time and "dirty" and sometimes heavy work is needed and then finally
you see what you were hunting for...

Everything is easy then...

It doesn't matter that much - just to be precise with facts as they appeared
in chronological order...

Thanks.

--
Shamil