[AccessD] shutting down

Mon Dec 17 15:36:19 CST 2007

LOL2! True, read only queries are 'safe'. I just had a knee-jerk reaction
there.

Then again. Are they really safe? Can't the client just switch to design
view in the query and change the type from Snapshot to Dynaset? Assuming
you're not using Access 'security'.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 4:31 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] shutting down

>As for queries and tables: an application that allows users to view
>queries
and tables directly does not need an idle time detection process, it need to
the rewritten. :-)

LOL, well...  I can and do make read-only queries and display them to the
client.  Sometimes viewing data in a tabular format is just useful, and you
can set a property for a query to be read-only.  The client can use all of
the built-in query functionality like sorting on any column (or set of
columns), filtering for specific values etc.  Sometimes they like that.