[AccessD] A2003: Putting both Front and Back ends on a removable drive

Darren D darren at activebilling.com.au
Tue Dec 18 18:20:04 CST 2007

Hi Borge

I have a Macro Named AUtoExec - In it I have "RunCode" as the action
And have " f_TableLinksRefresh("MyData\MyBE.mdb") a the details in the function
name

Where the cool code that Joe Supplied (TableLinksRefresh) sits in a module in
the FE

Hope this is useful

DD

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'   Sub f_TableLinksRefresh()
'   Refresh all links to use Access BE database
'   in the same directory as the calling program
'   strFile = name of backend mdb (no path)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Public Function f_TableLinksRefresh(ByVal strBEFilePath As String) As Boolean

    'RefreshLinks Orig Name from Joe
    On Error GoTo f_TableLinksRefresh_Err
    Const strAccessPrefix = ";DATABASE="
    Dim strLinkName As String
    Dim tdf As TableDef
    strLinkName = Left$(CurrentDb.Name, InStrRev(CurrentDb.Name, "\")) &
strBEFilePath ' 'The line above gets the current drive letter and wraps it with
the "KNOWN" db name and 'folder

    For Each tdf In CurrentDb.TableDefs
        If Len(tdf.Connect) > 0 Then
            If Left$(tdf.Connect, Len(strAccessPrefix)) = strAccessPrefix Then
                If InStrRev(tdf.Connect, strBEFilePath) > 0 Then
                    tdf.Connect = strAccessPrefix & strLinkName
                    tdf.RefreshLink
                End If
            End If
        End If
    Next tdf
    f_TableLinksRefresh = True
    g_BackEndPath = strLinkName

f_TableLinksRefresh_Exit:
    Exit Function
f_TableLinksRefresh_Err:
    MsgBox "Unexpected error while refreshing links to data path" & vbCrLf &
Err.Description, vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Relink error"
    f_TableLinksRefresh = False
    Resume f_TableLinksRefresh_Exit

End Function

DD