[AccessD] Compacting Problem

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Wed Dec 19 10:36:51 CST 2007

I am trying  to use windows scheduler to compact a database. In the task
run line I have the following:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE"
"C:\Files\Access\Sacroc.mdb" /compact

In the task start in box I have the following

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11"

The database starts to compact and then returns the message

Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Also

I tried it in a batch file and got the same error message.

Database opens fine to work in it..

What might be the problem? Thanks.

Chester Kaup

Engineering Technician

Kinder Morgan CO2 Company, LLP

Office (432) 688-3797

FAX (432) 688-3799

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large