[AccessD] The Command underlying the AZ and ZA buttons ontheAccess toolbar

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Dec 25 09:08:44 CST 2007

It just occurred to me that there is a much easier way to do this (assuming
that you use bound forms, which this request implies).

First of all, you need a date / time stamp column.  The PKID is not
necessarily autoincrement (in a generic solution), it may be a GUID or a
random.  But a date/time stamp captures the latest entered.

So, create TWO subforms.  One to do data entry.  That takes the place of the
unbound method that AD suggests.  Then a display subform below that.  the
display subform uses a sort descending on the date / time stamp.  Then
simply do a requery on that subform in the afterupdate of the data entry
subform.  You might want to do a TOP 10 or TOP 100 to prevent pulling
thousands of records for every requery assuming there are a ton out there.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting