[AccessD] Screen Flutter

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Dec 31 09:18:55 CST 2007

Dear List:

Legacy app.  Continuous bound form with no sub-forms.  When it opens it
'flutters' I guess what we always call here the 'flashing screen'
phenomenon.

It flashes or flutters 3-5 times during opening.  There are a bunch of
requeries and a couple of repaints in the code but that's not causing it
because I comment them out one at a time and saw no change.

Tried Me.Visible=false on entering the open event and Me.Visible=True before
leaving the open event.  No difference.

So what's the most likely cause of the fluttering or flashing on open?

MTIA

Rocky