[AccessD] Queries are messed up!

Barbara Ryan BarbaraRyan at cox.net
Thu Feb 8 18:21:06 CST 2007

In an Access 2002 application, when I need to distribute database object changes, I copy all of the modified objects into a blank database and email it to client sites.  They then click a push button in their application which imports all of the objects.

Everything has worked great (for years) until now ---- if a query is included in the update, it will import into their application without any relationships (i.e., there are no "lines" between tables) when the query is viewed in design mode on their computer.  Also, even if the query only contains one table, all of the selected fields are listed as "Exp1", etc.  For example, what used to appear as "EmpNo" now displays as "Expr1:EmpNo".

I have duplicated this problem myself by importing the objects into another database on my computer.

We (the clients and I) have recently upgraded to Access 2003.

Any ideas?  Or should I call Ghostbusters again :-(

Thanks,
Barb Ryan