[AccessD] OT: Batch File variable

Darren DICK darrend at nimble.com.au
Mon Feb 19 19:26:42 CST 2007

Hi All

I realise this is OT so please respond off list to darrend at nimble.com.au

I have many lines in a batch file - just moves downloaded local files to a
network drive - simple

The folders on the network drives are divided in to Current Year and Current
Month

EG \\SomeServer\SomeCoolFolder\SomeCoolFileFolder\200702
<file:///\\SomeServer\SomeCoolFolder\SomeCoolFileFolder\200702>  - For Feb this
year - Rocket Science 'eh?

On my local machine the files are stored in the second lowest level

EG \\SomeServer\SomeCoolFolder\SomeCoolFileFilder
<file:///\\SomeServer\SomeCoolFolder\SomeCoolFileFilder>  - IE = without the
Year Month

At the beginning of each month I edit the Month (in this case 200702) in the
batch file - many lines and is a real PITA if I stuff it up

Is there a way to declare a variable in a batch file?

EG varMonthYear = 200702 and then just 'tack' that to the end

EG \\SomeServer\SomeCoolFolder\SomeCoolFileFilder\
<file:///\\SomeServer\SomeCoolFolder\SomeCoolFileFilder\>  & varmonthYear

That way I only have to edit the variable

I realise this is OT so feel free to respond off list please to
darrend at nimble.com.au

Many thanks

See ya

Darren