[AccessD] database is not digitally signed

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:10:04 CST 2007

Hi John,
   Thanks for replying... In fact I created an ADE from the ADP, and
packaged that via sagekey+wise (there is only one version on their
site, I just checked today).  What I had not anticipated was that my
install changed the default behavior for the full version of
access2003, not only the runtime version.

I started searching for the keywords in google for the problem but I
wasn't getting a solution, just simply that Access required a
digitally signed certificate for the app, since I didn't know what had
happend, I kinda went into a panic and started trying to query google
w/ every keyword combination I could think of, :).  I gave up and
decided to search my gmail to find out if anyone had posted something
in the last 2 years, and i was amazed that it didn't show up in my
results :).  So I posted it :)

On 1/31/07, John Bartow <john at winhaven.net> wrote:
> Hi Francisco!
> Long time no hear. I haven't had that issue. Are you using the icons the
> install places or opening Access and then the application? As far as I
> understand SageKey's scripts will eliminate that problem but you do have to
> let it do its thing.
>
> SageKey does post updates every now and again and they have a FAQ section on
> their website.
>
> In order to test this I just turned macro security to high with my Access
> 2003 full version. I installed an application which uses Wise/SageKey to
> install Access 2003 runtime and shortcuts. I started the application and it
> did not give me the error message. I then opened the same access app's file
> but by opening (Access full version) and then selecting the file. this gave
> me the error concerning the security setting.
>
> So I'm guessing that your opening it via full Access or your shortcut icon
> is not referencing the runtime version of access that SageKey installs.
>
> If you want, I can help troubleshoot you through the install script. Contact
> me off list.
>
> HTH
> John B.

-Francisco