[AccessD] A2003:Determining Background colour of the desktop

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Thu Feb 1 18:01:59 CST 2007

Bad news on my idea.  You can get the 'desktop' window, but that is what is
actively being displayed, not the background.  Plus, there's another
downside.  I setup a test to 'paint' the desktop window to an access form.
In VB, it worked great.  In Access, it was a complete PITA, because access
forms don't have child windows like other windows, the form window itself
has a few child windows, but the controls on that form are not separate
windows, they are literally painted onto one specific window.  That is the
background.  So, in my test db, I created a form, 'found' that background
window, and painted it with the desktop window, on a timer.  Great effect
(because if you move the form around it kaleidoscopes if when it gets in the
corner (because it is painting itself, over and over).  Bad news is, the
controls disappear.  Giving the controls focus makes them reappear, but the
timer kills them again.

Someone just posted about getting system information, that's probably a
better option.

Drew