[AccessD] Dates As Criteria

O'Connor, Patricia (OTDA) Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
Fri Feb 16 15:40:02 CST 2007

I stopped using BETWEEN quite awhile ago because of problems I had run
into using Access as a front end to Oracle. Even in passthru queries and
straight PlSql queries I use the date before and the date after.  This
way I am guaranteed to get all records with the correct date even if the
"time" is 00:00:00.

SO if you wanted between March 15, 2004 and July 10, 2004 I would write

SELECT tblArrests.ArrestDT, tblArrests.ArrestLocation
FROM tblArrests
WHERE ArrestDT > '14-MAR-2004'
    And ArrestDt < '11-JUL-2004'

So in your form you could have hidden fields with the day added and
subtracted or

SELECT tblArrests.ArrestDT, tblArrests.ArrestLocation
FROM tblArrests
WHERE ArrestDT > DateAdd("D",-1,[Forms]![frmReports]![StartDate]  )
    And ArrestDt < DateAdd("D",1,[Forms]![frmReports]![EndDate]  )

Or something similar

* Patricia O'Connor
* Associate Computer Programmer Analyst
* OTDA - BDMA
* (W) mailto:Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
* (w) mailto:aa1160 at nysemail.state.ny.us

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.