[AccessD] combo from multiple sources

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:28:42 CST 2007

>==========About the rant? Nicely done. :)

Thank you...

>As for the combo box -- it would be for display? You weren't using it to
>filter other data? Sounds like an interesting project btw. :)

We changed the approach and didn't need it...but the names and aliases were
related via a Person_ID...and the combo wasn't just for viewing...it was to
select what name was used at that time.  The db maintains all suspect info
for lookup later...so if Bob Menard(his real name) was arrested and used the
alias( John Boudreaux).  He may have had 3 other known aliases.  On the case
the Person_ID would be used and the name Bob Menard shows...the combo comes
in when they wanted to know what alias was used in this instance(but he
could have used his real name).  We didn't use it in the end...but this was
the reason why.

I probably would have structured the tables differently...but being short on
time...it was the quickest fix storing aliases in different tables than the
names.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte