[AccessD] Checkbox contents disappear in Word:SOLVED???

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 12:08:22 CST 2007

I thought this should be possible...so I googled "unicode checkmark vba" and
found an example...and it actually works and displays a check mark on .RTF

Below are the steps and a link to the page where I found it.  Good Luck...

Mark A. Matte

The steps
Open the report in design view.
If you already have a check box on your report, delete it.
Add a text box for your Yes/No field.
Set these properties:
Control Source: Name of your yes/no field here.
Font Name: WingDings
Width: 0.18 in

Type these characters into the Format property of the text box:
Hold down the Alt key, and type 0168 on the numeric keypad (the character
for False),
semicolon (the separator between False and True formats),
backslash (indicating the next character is a literal),
Hold down the Alt key, and type 0254 on the numeric keypad (the character
for True),
You can now increase the Font Size, set the Fore Color or Back Color, and so
on.

The characters
Select the characters from this list:

Character Keypad number Description