[AccessD] Checkbox contents disappear in Word

A.D.TEJPAL adtp at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 12:39:21 CST 2007

    If you are very keen to show a tick mark in word document (in lieu of Yes values in Access report), you can try the following course of action:

    In Access report, use a special character like ~ in lieu of Yes value. Send the report to Word. In Word, save the exported rtf file as doc file. Then run the subroutine P_InsertCheckMarks() as given below. The cursor can be anywhere in the document when the procedure is run.

    This will result in replacement of all instances of ~ by a tick mark (√)

A.D.Tejpal
---------------

===============================
Sub P_InsertCheckMarks()
    ' Replaces ~ by Check Marks
    With Selection.Find
        .Text = "~"
        .Replacement.Text = ChrW(8730)
        .Forward = True
        .Wrap = wdFindContinue
    End With
    Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End Sub