[AccessD] Can't Alter Values in a Query with Subquery

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Wed Feb 28 10:10:44 CST 2007

Yes, the subquery is calculating values that are also in the main query.
Other values, not in the subquery, and not calculated remain fixed -- can't
change ANY value in the main query at all, regardless of whether it's
evaluated by the subquery or not.

The solution would be, I guess, to base a second query on the calculating
subquery query, but I thought I'd like to know what behavior is at play.

Susan H.

I run into this occasionally as well.  Are there any calculated values in
either query?  That can cause this IIRC.