[AccessD] Selection by Textbox Entries

Keith Williamson Kwilliamson at RTKL.com
Fri Jan 5 11:42:40 CST 2007

Well...not exactly.

The current fields I will be using (and I might add more) are:

Month
Year
Entity

So, for example....we could populate only Year and Entity...meaning I
want all records for that Year and Entity.  Or, only input
Entity.....meaning all records for that Entity only (which would include
all months and years.)

But I don't know how to convert a null (or even "ALL"..if I were to use
a dropdown box) to mean "select all".  Normally...if you want all...you
simply don't include that field in your query.  But....once it is
included as a variable....how do you tell the query that Null (or "All")
means don't filter this field?  That is, without creating a nested IF
for every possible scenario?

Am I overcomplicating this?

Thanks,

Keith E. Williamson | Assist. Controller| kwilliamson at rtkl.com

RTKL Associates Inc. | 901 South Bond Street | Baltimore, Maryland
21231-3305

410-537-6098 direct | 410-276-2136 fax | www.rtkl.com