[AccessD] Referencing Field on a Tab Form

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 15:33:19 CST 2007

Rocky,

Maybe I don't clearly understand the issue...but Here's what I got:
1.  You have 3 tabs and 3 subforms.
2.  You want the 1st and 3rd tab to show different fields from the same
record

I think I got that effect setting the 3rd tab subform recordsource pointing
to the same table as 1st tab...with criteria of ID of tab 1 "(SELECT
DISTINCTROW tblTest1.ID, tblTest1.Memo FROM tblTest1
WHERE (((tblTest1.ID)=[Forms]![Form2]![tblTest1 subform].[Form]![ID]));"

Then I set the OnChange property of the tab control to
"Me!3rdTabSubform.Requery"

I'm not sure...but I think this gets the effect your looking for.

But something I learned while doing this...you can set the "LinkChildFields"
on the 3rd tab subform to the field on the 1st subform manually...the effect
was slightly different...any new record I created on the 3rd subform would
have the same ID as the record selected on 1st tab...but not stay in sync.

Hope that helps,

Mark A. Matte