[AccessD] Application.echo and screen flicker

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 30 07:34:20 CST 2007

Hi John

Would
  Me.Painting = False
  Me.Painting = True
work?

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 30-01-2007 13:14:55 >>>
I am trying to append text to a text box, move the insertion pointer to the
end so that the last stuff in the text box is always visible, and do so
without the text in the text box jumping around.  If I just append the text
and use SelStart to move to the end, the text box "jumps" to the beginning
as the append happens, then to the end when the selStart happens.  So I use
Application.Echo off at the beginning, then Application.Echo on at the end.
This does prevent the text box "jumping" but now the Access window itself
redraws.

Any way to get the best of both worlds?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting