[AccessD] Default table value

O'Connor, Patricia (OTDA) Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
Fri Jul 6 14:11:22 CDT 2007

I have two fields in several tables which use ENVIRON("USERNAME")  or
ENVIRON("COMPUTERNAME")

I tried saving the table after adding two more fields and it will not
allow me to because of the ENVIRON

I know about M$ stupid blocking of ENVIRON and CURDIR per
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA011225981033.aspx#050

I added the two functions to the backend MDB hoping it would allow me to
save it -- NOPE.  Why wouldn't that look at the function while a query
would? Is there some other way to have the DEFAULT value for a table
field be  ENVIRON("USERNAME")  or equal to it?

I went in and updated my registry to have the value for Sandbox be a 2
instead of 3 which didn't work.  I haven't changed the registry to stop
it all together yet. I probably will just so I can add fields.

Is there some other way without having to mess with the registry?
  Other people might not have permission to change their registry.

Thank you have a great weekend
Patti

* Patricia O'Connor
* Associate Computer Programmer Analyst
* OTDA - BDMA
* (W) mailto:Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
* (w) mailto:aa1160 at nysemail.state.ny.us
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.