[AccessD] Never Take a job for a friend (Three level designquestion)

rockysmolin at bchacc.com rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Jul 1 09:06:25 CDT 2007

Joe:

I've got a simple schemeto control access levels.  I can handle it with you
off line.  But I'm out of town right now. Won't be back until next Sunday.
Can it wait?

Anyone who knows access can defeat this scheme but in an environment where
people are behaving this works well.

Here's the basic steps:

1. Create a User table - Autonumber, User Name, Password, Accesss Level.
2. Create a global variable gintAccessLevel
3. On the opening form load the names and passwords into a combo box.
Prompt for user name and password.
4. Store user's access level in gintAccessLevel.
5. On each form oreach function where you want to restrict access check the
user access level and bail if the level's not correct.

HTH

ROcky