[AccessD] Open a combobox on entering it

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 05:04:31 CDT 2007

I know that lots of people here despise that style, but I've been naming
controls the same as their data source for about 15 years and this dog is
too old for new tricks. In a few months I'll be 60. Of course, I'm too poor
to choose retirement at 60. I'm learning Java currently, but it's not really
a new trick :-)

There must be something else going on here. I just whipped up a tester in
Access 2000 and the dropdown attribute is available in the OnEnter event. I
repeated it in 2003 and it worked. I repeated it in 2003 against a SQL
database and it worked. So there must be something odd about the database I
was working on when the problem arose. My testers created one combo using a
value list and another using a table.

So I have no idea why I wasn't able to get it before.

Arthur