[AccessD] Omission of Me

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Thu Jul 5 12:58:32 CDT 2007

I always use Me because I don't know what version readers are using. It
seems to me that its possible to drop Me in certain cases.

If IsNull(cboSubject) Then
    MsgBox "Please select a subject", vbOKOnly, "Error"
    Exit Sub
End If

The above's the only thing I can come up with -- in older versions, wasn't
the Me identifier required before the control, as in the following:

If IsNull(Me.cboSubject) Then

Or, am I just making stuff up again?

Susan H.

What do you mean by "dropped the need for"?  The Me and the other forms of
identifiers tell the database engine what it's dealing with so that
intellisense is available and syntax checking knows enough to blow up on a
misspelling or squawk if the Option Explicit is set on.

Charlotte Foust