[AccessD] Performance tips anyone?

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Jul 5 15:07:59 CDT 2007

Well that's very true.  A newbie developer is going to use bound
concepts from the get go.  I, for example, worked with Access for a few
months before I was forced to use code to do a few things (that very
first task was to hide the Access window...can't do it without code).  I
continued to use bound stuff until I got into classes and collections.
That changed the whole spectrum.

Hey, who was it, on this list, that I sent a copy of the Inventory
Database I built.  Whoever it was, pop in here and tell me if you could
build those capabilities into a strictly bound application.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Hale, Jim
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 2:34 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Performance tips anyone?

< You just have to write the same code you would have to write
in *any* language to work with unbound objects.>

That may be true but I have to side with John also. Many of the users
who initially have the timidity to try Access haven't ever coded in
*any* other language. The initial learning curve for power user newbies
is hard enough without having to worry about unbound concepts.
Jim Hale