[AccessD] Converting to MySql

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Mon Jul 9 18:53:22 CDT 2007

Hi Rocky,

I can't advise on doing this without a DSN, as I have never tried it.

If you use a DSN, is has to be created on the PC.  You would get the
MySQL ODBC driver, and install it on the PC.  This driver is free, and
easily found on the internet.  On a Windows XP PC, you create the DSN via:
Start
Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Data Sources (ODBC)
(tab) System DSN
Add...
MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver

I would say that yes, this would probably need to be done by an admin,
or on advice by someone who knows what to do.  You need the name of the
server.  In my case, the MySQL databases are on hosted web servers, and
I got the details of server name, user, password, and database name,
from the web hosting service.  Your situation may be different, in which
case I am unable to advise, I've only done this a couple of times, it
was easy and works sweet.

Regards
Steve