[AccessD] One-to-One relationships - OT

Max Sherman max at sherman.org.uk
Fri Jul 20 13:23:35 CDT 2007

>>There are a TON of developers who have been on this list for 10 years or
more
Yes, I am one of them.

>> VBA
Only said in a generalised sense, not to be restrictive.  Perhaps I should
have said "Access"

>>we mostly leave it up to them to do the policing.
Perhaps they need to check more often.  Certainly if I were one of the
scrutinisers,  I would have spoken up by now.

>>tight a ship as you might be accustomed to on other lists
I don't need a tight ship.  Some of the OT posting are very helpful and
often informative  - some amusing.  BUT "one-liners" bouncing back and
forward between a few people is just too much.

Whatever your reasons,  please remember what the purpose of this list is.
It is there, as are all the other lists, to assist people and share
information.  There are plenty of joke lists around and if people feel a
need then perhaps they could have a sub-list for those that feel the need to
bounce these sort of things between them.

What you are forgetting is that there are many people ("the silent
majority") who just, like me I  would suggest, just groan and hit the delete
key.
All I am attempting to do,  is perhaps, respectfully, remind people that
even on OT Friday, there is a limit to what should be acceptable.  And this
nonsense bouncing back and forward about strippers and fan dancers is just
one posting to many for me - and that is after 10 odd years!  Repartee, for
my part, is not required.

I have no  doubt that you and  your friend will come back on this, but
before you do please remember that none of my comments are made as a
personal criticism, but only as a reminder that there are others out there
who will also be receiving your postings.  Whilst posters might feel that
they have made the "comment of the century", others would not view it as so.

Also, remember, like many others, that I am very appreciative of the much
help that all the contributors have given (freely) over the years.  I have
had much help and for that I am very grateful.  I do not post very often,
but I read and often take on board the good ideas that come off the list.

Thank you all for that.

Max