[AccessD] Does MSA2007 behaves well if on a machine withMSA1997 and MSA 2000 and MSA2003?

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sun Jul 22 07:49:23 CDT 2007

Shamil, I have 2002, 2003, and 2007 on the same system. Things are
definitely slower and about 1/3 of the time, launching 2003 or 2007 drags
the installer into the act. :( So, I have to wait on that. Also, 2007 has
usurped some of my shortcuts, but that's no biggee.

I've noticed twice now that my system hasn't wanted to respond to a hard
boot, so the above problem may be a symptom of my hd going bad and have
nothing to do with 2007 -- however, I'm not having any trouble with other
software (although I seldom use anything but Office).

System is much slower over all though. I had planned to reformat and start
over this month, but I've pushed that back to next month. I'm going to
install VM so I can have a dedicated OS for 2007 -- I need both Outlook 2003
and 2007 to write about. I'm hoping that will take care of most of my
performance problems.

Susan H.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your answer! Besides this issue of switching between running
(?) instances of different MS Access versions are there any problems with
previous version of MS Access or MS Access 2007 getting somehow stuck when
working together on the same system?

BTW, can one run MS Access 97 program databases on MS Access 2007? (Sorry no
time to test here currently and I do not have MS Access 97 installed to make
a good test database to run it on MS Access 2007)...

Thank you.

--
Shamil