[AccessD] Primary Key Best Practices

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Jul 26 12:09:30 CDT 2007

I have to agree with JWC on this (which means either this thread is
done, or the world is going to stop spinning soon....either/or).

How can you defend your position by stating on a DATABASE development
list that your arguments are from a user prospective?  A statement was
made, JWC showed it was a false statement, and instead of admitting that
the statement is false, you are saying it's true because it's true for a
user?

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Charlotte
Foust
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:55 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Primary Key Best Practices

John,

You tend to be highly selective about what you choose to ignore when
you're in full flaming mode.

Only dbas and sas are allowed in SQL Server tables, not users.  This is
a developer's list.  We develop database APPLICATIONS.  That generally
means that someone interacts with the database through an application or
from code, not directly in the tables.  Both Jim and I are coming from a
database application orientation, which you are cheerfully discrediting
by pointing out that it doesn't work that way INSIDE SQL SERVER!  We are
not in the same argument, and I've grown weary of pointing that out.

Charlotte

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI BusinessSensitve material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.