[AccessD] Page Orientation 2003

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Fri Jul 27 08:15:09 CDT 2007

Hey Michael
Thanks
No error messages.
I think it has to be a printer problem or
I am missing a turn off/turn on setting in Access2003.

If I set the printer (Dell Photo Printer 720) preferences, to letter 8
1/2 by 11, portrait.
Then go into the design mode for a report (in Access98) that was set to
letter and landscape, select page setup the orientaion is set to
portrait and if I click landscape then  exit (and don't do anything) and
preferences to landscape and open a report that was set to portrait.

I tried the code below for 2003, I downloaded from Microsoft, but it
doesn't fire off the orientation setting  still stays as portrait.

   Dim rpt As Access.Report
   Dim prtr As Access.Printer

   Set Application.Printer = Nothing
   Set prtr = Application.Printer

   'Set the default printer's orientation to landscape
   prtr.Orientation = acPRORLandscape

   'Set the default printer's paper size to legal
   prtr.PaperSize = acPRPSLegal

   'Print Preview the Client Report
   DoCmd.OpenReport "client", acPreview
   Set rpt = Reports("client")

   'Set the Printer property of the report to the
   'Application.Printer object
   Set rpt.Printer = prtr

   'Uncomment the following line if you wish to save the object
   'with the current settings
   'DoCmd.Save acReport, "Client"

I hope I have not pulled off a "bonehead" manuever in my upgrading.

Thanks Again