[AccessD] FW: Removing quotes

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Jun 1 12:03:25 CDT 2007

And I wrote an application in VB.Net to do something similar.  I get fixed
width files where each field is padded out with spaces.  I read in line by
line, pull each "field" out, strip off leading and trailing spaces,
reassemble into another string and write back out to another file.  It is
reasonably fast in VB.Net.  I was getting about 10K records per second and
that with about 150 fields to be checked.  YMMV of course.  Once you get to
things like this you hit bottle necks in disk access and stuff.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting