[AccessD] An interseting story

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 5 19:00:15 CDT 2007

I have run into a similar problem. I was going to publish a method
of calling VB.Net Express DLL's from Access similar to Getz's
Managed Addin's, however it required a COM Class template
to add a wrapper, this is only available with the full version of
Visual Studio.  But you can download this as a 2 K zip file from
a couple of MSDN sites and use it with VB Express.

It is essentially a simple xml file of  15 lines
<VSTemplate Version="2.0.0" Type="Item"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/vstemplate/2005">
  <TemplateData>
    <Name Package="{164B10B9-B200-11D0-8C61-00A0C91E29D5}" ID="3114" />
    <Description Package="{164B10B9-B200-11D0-8C61-00A0C91E29D5}"
ID="3115" />

Never got a decent reply from Microsoft when I asked about it.
All I got was thanks for asking.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.