[AccessD] OT: Microsoft threatens its Most Valuable Professional

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:33:50 CDT 2007

JimL,

» 3. Microsoft is being undercut by competition. Competition is good. These
software prices were artificially set by MS (intentionally to undercut other
competition), and so therefore they have to rely on some legalese text in a
EULA to protect their flow of income (not even sure it exists?), rather than
trying to be a competitive and ethical business. This is the sort of thing
that damages your reputation in the geek world (can MS afford this
anymore?). «

I read "artificially set by MS (intentionally to undercut other
competition)" and I had to wonder if he understands what he's saying.
Microsoft "intentionally" set prices to undercut the competition.  In
what way is that "artificial"?  Sounds like the complaining of a naive
anti-capitalist.

I'm part of the "geek world" but I also ran my own business for 15
years.  I think that this Microsoft hater defines "ethical" as
"rolling over and playing dead when any old tiny Linux-based company
markets a product that competes however peripherally with something
made by Microsoft".

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI