[AccessD] Birthday in table

Fri Jun 15 13:11:43 CDT 2007

FWIW here's my leap year function...

Function bLeap(nYear As Integer) As Boolean
    bLeap = (nYear Mod 4 = 0 And nYear Mod 100 <> 0) Or (nYear Mod 400 = 0)
End Function

Same logic, just a little briefer - oh, and it returns a Boolean, not a
Variant.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bryan Carbonnell
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 11:54 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Birthday in table

On 6/15/07, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com> wrote:
> The definition of a leap year is a two-step:
>
> 1. if the year is evenly divisible by four then you're cool, except:
> 2. if the year ends in 00 then it must be evenly divisible by 400 --
> thus 1900 was not a leap year but 2000 was.
>
> That should be enough data.

Determining Leap years are actually a 3 step process

Is the year evenly divisible by 4? If so, it is a leap year, unless... Is
the year evenly divisible by 100? (for example, 1500?) If so, it is not a
leap year, unless... Is the year evenly divisible by 400? If so, it is a
leap year.

Here is a function I cribbed from wikipedia to determine if a year is a leap
year.

Function ISLEAPYEAR(Year As Integer)
' This is a function which returns a simple TRUE
' or FALSE depending on whether it fits.

Dim varAns As Boolean
If Year Mod 400 = 0 Then
    varAns = True
Else
    If Year Mod 100 = 0 Then
        varAns = False
    Else
        If Year Mod 4 = 0 Then
            varAns = True
        Else
            varAns = False
        End If
    End If
End If

ISLEAPYEAR = varAns
End Function

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "What a
great ride!"