[AccessD] The Business Side Of Databases

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jun 21 11:10:21 CDT 2007

Thanks Dan, that makes sense.

/gustav

>>> dwaters at usinternet.com 21-06-2007 18:05 >>>
This is a process used by many manufacturing companies who purchase parts
and material from other companies (their Suppliers).

When a part is purchased for the first time, or the drawing or specs for
that part has changed, it's good practice to do a thorough inspection of the
first lot of parts that are shipped from the supplier - frequently something
didn't work out right.  The extra inspection is worth it to prevent those
out-of-spec parts/material from getting into the finished product.

This involves Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, and people
at the Supplier.  My customer has a variety of plants in North America, so
they are stakeholders as well and need to be kept apprised if the progress
because their production schedule is dependent on those parts.

Because things frequently (30%?) go wrong, there is a lot of communication
and decision making that must occur among all of these people, and it's not
very routine or predictable.

HTH,
Dan