[AccessD] Wireless Scanner

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jun 25 15:48:08 CDT 2007

Most barcode scanners are hooked up in series or directly to the keyboard
port and act as a regular keyboard.

These are also known as a "wedge", and they do have a huge downside, the
scanner will insert the scanned data anywhere that the cursor is.  Your
database, a spreadsheet, word document, command line etc.  The serial port
scanners are harder to use but YOU control when data is allowed to be read
and where the data goes when it is read.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting