[AccessD] Access 2007 Runtime

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Jun 26 16:50:03 CDT 2007

A somewhat related incident:
Yesterday the IT support for a gov. unit that uses some of my apps called.
He has been testing the idea of using an Access 2003 BE for the data and
wanted to make sure my apps would function with it. He mentioned that on one
PC some things were different with one of my apps than on the other PCs.

To make a long story short - he didn't install my app using the wise install
executable that I supply (which takes all of ten seconds to run) he copy and
pasted the FE to that user's PC. Hence the FE was using their Access 2003
setup. Normally this makes little difference but this is a point in case
where it did. My only response was run the install program. Its all I had to
say - everything works as it should now.