[AccessD] A2003 to SQL: Write Conflict

Darren DICK darrend at nimble.com.au
Tue Mar 27 00:19:02 CDT 2007

Hi All

I have set up a DSN to allow connections to an SQL dB – via an Access front end
- cool

I connect to approx 20 tables

For the most part I can add/edit delete etc on those tables

But for some of those tables (the most important ones of course) each time I try
to leave a field after making an edit I get the following error message box

“WRITE CONFLICT

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it

If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other user made

Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the value the other

User entered, and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make Changes”

Then there are 3 button at the bottom of this message box

<ButtonSAVERECORD=DISABLED>, <ButtonCOPY TO
CLIPBOARD=Enabled>,<ButtonDROPCHANGES=Enabled>

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

There are no other users – I have manually selected the tables in SQL Server and
manually given my user name SELECT, INSERT,UPDATE and DELETE privileges

Signed - Desperate