[AccessD] Great Smokey Mountains AccessD Conference

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 16 18:59:01 CDT 2007

To fly into US from Canada, needed passport since around Feb 1..
If you drive into US, need one in six months or year I think.
On same date I think you need US passport to get into Canada
by land and consequently back into US.

Do I need a passport to travel to the United States?
Since January 23, 2007, a new American law requires everyone entering
the United States BY AIR to have a valid passport.

Canadians can continue to use such documents as their birth certificates
and drivers' licence to cross the Canada-U.S. border BY LAND AND SEA for
at least another year.

For further information, visit the Canadian Border Services Agency's Web
site.

 What is the WHTI?
The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) is a new American law
that requires all travellers, including Canadians, to carry a valid
passport, or a Nexus Air Card when travelling to the United States from
within the western hemisphere.

This is a change from prior travel requirements to enter the US.

Charlotte Foust wrote:

>Do you need one to get into the USA or out of Canada?? ;->
>
>Charlotte Foust

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.
Canada