[AccessD] Update a database using Active Directory

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Sun Mar 18 03:41:28 CDT 2007

You can actually use ADO.

I put a zip file holding the source to my Active Directory Logger at
http://www.marlow.com/ActiveDirectory.zip

A good example of how to get info out of AD would be in the
GetUserGroupsAndDomainControllers in the ADInfo class.

To get more fields, take a look at

Hope this helps...

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Martin Reid
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 5:12 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Update a database using Active Directory

Drew

Can you explain how you hit the AD form Access for example If I wanted a
simple connection to pull name, location, telephone and unit form the
AD. Stick this in Access and build a little .net search interface to it
on the web.

What permissions on the AD would I need?

Whats the conenction strings or process?

I can even connect to teh AD I can figure the rest out.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall