[AccessD] Dates - Great Smokey Mountains AccessD Conference

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Mar 18 11:03:58 CDT 2007

Barb,

I live about 6 miles SSE of the nearest medium sized town - Lenoir NC, and
about 12 miles NNW of a fairly large town Hickory, NC.  There are a couple
of chain hotels about 7 miles away up in Lenoir and TONS of chain hotels
down in Hickory.  There is a 4 lane highway - 321 that runs from north of
Lenoir clear through Hickory and on down to Charlotte, and my house is 3
miles to the west of 321.  There are chain fast food restaurants out on 321
(Wendy's, Burger King etc) and a handful of other non-chain restaurants, and
lots of restaurants up in Lenoir and down in Hickory.  The town I live in -
Hudson is barely a wide spot in the road with a half dozen churches, 3
banks, a small strip mall and a one block long "downtown".

My office is in a large "bonus room" up above the back bedroom.  I walk to
work.

My upstairs office is just about big enough for the current list.   I have a
large finished rec room down in the basement big enough for two dozen or so
people if necessary, and a HUGE unfinished basement that we could use, large
enough for dozens of people to be quite comfortable for a conference, though
it wouldn't be fancy.  If the conference gets much bigger I will see if we
can use a large room at my church, at least for Saturday.

I hope this happens, I think it will be a good time.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting